Monday, January 11, 2010

Details, Details, and a thought or two

Because I was so habituated to "Les Bons Moments" I failed to document that each of the three panels are also entitled.  I have edited the original post to include that information, but it is a fair warning that I will not see everything there is to see about the art that I own.  Feel free to make notations in comments if you detect that I have missed some apparent details.  We'll all learn something.  

This is a good opportunity to play with the cliche "familiarity breeds contempt."   Familiarity also breeds a type of ignorance.  If you lived with something or someone for a long time, you begin to ignore some of the traits that got you involved in the first place.  Without revisiting the history we have with the people and things that impact our lives, we may miss the best way to appreciate them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment